I packed my bag and in it I put …
First of all I needed a new daypack bag.
My choose is the VentureSafe 25l Daypack from pac-safe.com. It’s a really good looking bag with Anti-Theft features and an extra laptop sleeve for the netbook.
It’s very ergonomic and comfortable to wear. I orderd the bag from my favorite outdoor specialist www.globetrotter.de. Only one day after placing the order online the package arrived. I hope that I don’t need to test the Anti-Theft features in real situations, but it’s good to know that it has it.
http://www.zibri.org/ describes how to connect a Mattel Jedi Force Trainer to the pc via a TTL/RS232 interface.
that’s really a nice piece of hardware. I hope we can buy it soon, because I want to build more than one project with it.
„The Stingray robot from Parallax Inc. provides a mid-size platform for a wide range of robotics projects and experiments. The Propeller Robot Control Board is the brains of the system providing a multiprocessor control system capable of performing multiple tasks at the same time. The Propeller chip provides eight 32- bit processors each with two counters, its own 2 KB local memory and 32 KB shared memory. This makes the Propeller a perfect choice for advanced robotics and the Stingray robot.
- Multicore Propeller chip based control board
- Extra large EEPROM (64 KB) for storing additional data
- On-board 3.3 V & 5V switching power supply
- 5 V I/O translators to simplify interfacing to 5 V sensors/devices
- Integrated dual full bridge driver
- Two DC spur gear motors
- Two-wheel differential drive system with rear omnidirectional wheel
- Multiple mounting locations for sensors, add-ons, etc.
- Free online Propeller Tool programming software for Windows and example Stingray source code (requires Win2K/XP/Vista, IE7 or higher, and USB port)
- Power requirements: 6 AA 1.2 V Rechargeable Batteries (not included)
- Communication: USB A to Mini B Cable (included)
- Operating temperature: +32 to +158 °F (0 to +70 °C)
- Dimensions, assembled: 13 x 10.9 x 5.5 in (330 x 277 x 140 mm)“
For just 299$, it looks like the perfect base for own roboter projects. We’ll see how good it’s when my kit arrive.