Wio Link is an ESP8266 based open-source, Wi-Fi solution to simplify IoT development by virtualizing plug-n-play modules to Web of Things. With the help of Wio Link, You can build up your IoT applications with only 3 steps in 5 minutes!
The traditional methodology of building IoT applications is very challenging, which often consists of electronic engineering, micro-controller programming, network programming, IoT protocols handling and application development. Every step involves various hardware and software knowledge. And this time, Wio Link has redefined a new way to create IoT applications. No hardware programming. No breadboard. No jumper wires. No soldering.
*By now, hardware becomes the new software, and Wio Link is the IoT „SDK“ for programmer.*
Kickstarter page link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seeed/wio-link-3-steps-5-minutes-build-your-iot-applicat/description
– No hardware programming. No breadboard. No jumper wires. No soldering.
– A lot Grove modular hardware supported.
– Visual Configuration instead of micro controller programming.
– Update autmaticlly via cloud compiling and OTA.
– Bring Real to Virtual. All sensor becomes virtual RESTful API.
– Android & iOS APPs which to manage Wio Link.
– Wi-Fi Network Protocol: 802.11b/g/n
– Wi-Fi Encryption Technologies: WEP/TKIP/AES
– Expansion(6x Grove Connectors): 3x Digital, 1x Analog, 1x UART and 1x I2C (3.3V I/Os)
– Power Supply:
– Input Voltage: MicroUSB: 5V; Battery holder: 3.4~4.2V;
– Output DC Current: 1000mA MAX
– Operating Voltage : 3.3V
– Charge Current: 500mA MAX
– Flash Memory: 4MByte
– Size: 55mm*48mm
– Weight: 26g
– CE/FCC/IC Certified
Key Point of Kickstarter Campaign:
– Funding goal reached in 5 hours
– Kickstarter Staff Picked
– Popular project of Kickstarter
About Seeed Studio
[Seeed Studio](http://seeedstudio.com) is a hardware innovation platform designed to inspire creative hobbyists, tech gurus, and artists from all ages. By working closely with technology providers of every scale, Seeed provides accessible technologies with quality, speed and supply chain knowledge. When prototypes are ready to iterate, Seeed helps productize anywhere from 1 to 1,000 pieces using in-house engineering, supply chain management and agile manufacture forces. Seeed has extensive partnerships with business incubators and investors around the world, with a global distribution channel to reach makers everywhere.