After downloading the application from the App Store and activating Bluetooth, in the application the SensorTag can be connected to the iOS device.To enable the connection, the push button of the SensorTag must be pushed once. The LED on the device will start blinking and the SensorTag can be connected now by the application.
Pictures coming soon …
Texas instruments TI offers with the CC2541 Sensor Tag a nice development tool with quite a lot of functions. The SensorTag includes these sensors:
- IR Temperature Sensor (TMP006) from TI
- Humanidity Sensor (SHT21) from Sensirion
- Pressure Sensor (T5400) from Epcos
- Accelerometer (KXTJ9) from Kionix
- Gyroscope (IMU-3000) from InvenSense
- Magnetometer (MAG3110) from Freescale
The complete SensorTag is optimized to low power consumption by TI. When not used the sensors been in sleep mode.
The communication between the SensorTag and the iOS device needs Bluetooth 4.0 and the TI application.